Thursday, May 14, 2009

"African Queen"


AFRICAN QUEEN

yeah, yeah, you are my african queen, oooh lord, oooh lord

just like the sun, lights up the earth, you light up my life
the only one, I've ever seen with a smile so bright
and just yesterday, you came around my way
and changed my whole scenery with your astonishing beauty

ah, you coulda make a brother sing, 
you ordinary thing, a supernatural being, 

I know you are just brighter than the moon
Brighter than the star, I love you just the way you are.

   and you are my African Queen, the girl of my dreams.
   you take me where I've never been
   you make my heart go ting-a-ling-a-ling, oh ahh
   you are my African Queen, the girl of my dreams
   and you remind me of a thing
   and that is the African beauty yahhh

yahh oooo you are my african queen, oh lord, oo lord hmm
out of a million you stand as one
the outstanding one
I look into your eyes, girl what I see is paradise, 

yeah you captivated my soul, now everyday I want you more o o oo
How can I deny this feeling I'm feeling inside 
ey oh no one can never take your place,
can never take your space,
thats a fact I cannot erase

and you, you are the one that makes me smile
make me float like a boat upon the nile.

oooo ooooo yaahhh yahhh oooo

you are my african queen and I know, oh yes I know hhn
you are my african queen and I know, see I know
See I know what I am feeling in my heart and in my soul
oh I know that it is love
And I know that this love was surely sent from up above
Cause you're the only one I think of

you are my african queen
and I know that this means that you're the only one that I will serve
I'll give you my heart, my love, my body and my money
Every other thing you think of
Who could think of anything better than you
Who could think of ever hurting you

Sacrifice my all, I'll give it all to you
cause you ar my african queen
for REAL

So black, so beautiful
I love you, I love you, I love you, munyemo, I love you, I love you, I love 
you, munyemo, I love you, I love you, ooohhh yeah, my African Queen, I 
love you, I love you.

- 2Face Idibia

12 comments:

doris said...

this is surprising.how did u know the lyrics to this song?really impressive :).

Anonymous said...

yes i definitely support u :black is beautiful

Anonymous said...

This blog is weird; definitely superficial, but you've admitted that. I suppose that men will always objectify women in this way because it is the initial form of attraction, much like US men go ga-ga over the buxom Swedish blonde, your preference is Black women.

I like that your eye for Black women is so diverse; you are not like the typical US male (both black and white) that does not like some African features and prefers very light skinned, white looking Black women. But I suppose everyone's tastes are uniquely their own, whether we like it or not formed by our culture, either rebelling from it or succumbing to it. There is beauty everywhere if our hearts are large enough to perceive it.

But there is an age-old saying that seems to ring true everywhere ... opposites attract :)

Anonymous said...

I love ur blog!Please keep it up!

Anonymous said...

To Anon,

ALOT of U.S. white guys DO go for African looking black women. And many are actually SICK of the white woman's pedastal.....check out whitewomensuck./blogspot.com

:o)


Moorena

Sandra77 said...

I find nothing superficial about this blog. It is one thing to highlight and celebrate a woman's beauty. This is a VERY different thing from objectifying her. And this is the important difference that separates this blog from an issue of (the now defunct) King magazine. I love your blog- keep up the great work!

Sandra77 said...

And how strange that Anonymous should think it "weird" that a white male would celebrate a black woman's beauty. I guess Anonymous thinks that only a black man can appreciate a black woman, and that only the type of black woman that black men have been brainwashed to find attractive should ever be found attractive by anyone. There is nothing weird about a man finding a woman beautiful. And there is nothing weird about a white man finding a black woman (actually, lots of black women) beautiful - that's just natural, healthy and smart.

Anonymous said...

The beatles also had written for black women These were the days of the civil-rights movement...



Blackbird-- Lennon/McCartney

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life, You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Blackbird singing in the dead of night, take these sunken eyes and learn to see

All you life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly, into the light of the dark black night

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly, into the light of the dark black night, you were only waiting for this moment to arise

You were only waiting for this moment to arise

Angelina said...

Anonymous May 15, 2009 11:04 AM, instead of labeling this blog as weird you could have kept that to yourself. Obviously you also need to look up the definition of the word "objectify", because yet again you've put your foot in your mouth. There is nothing wrong with giving your opinion but try to do so without being insulting while doing so.

Anonymous said...

Angelina: I didn't mean to be "insulting" ... I just think it's weird ... that's my opinion and it's the truth of how I perceive it. Something feels strange about it to me. As for "objectify" I will consider what you said. You may have a point. I guess I never felt my beauty needed to be validated by anyone but myself. Because I like myself, and I want someone to like me for me, not for my boobs, my butt, my skin color, whatever.

Sandra77: Stop putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about only black men appreciating black women. That's how you feel. I do think it's healthy to mix up the gene pool, it makes the human race stronger and more resistant to disease. And like I said, opposites attract.

I hope White B'woy finds his African Queen one day, and lives happily ever after and stays with her through the good times and the bad, and I hope they grow old together and give the next generation much wisdom. God knows we're going to need it.

Camy said...

Love this tune

Sugarimmed said...

I love that song! I blast it in my car all the time :)