Thursday, April 8, 2010

Nolly dilemma



What a dilemma. I felt for watching a Nollywood movie. Should I go for "Silent Scandals" with Genevive Nnaji och the yoruba movie "Jenifa 2" with Funke Akindele or maybe I should watch "Jenifa" (the original) first?! Or "Silent Scandals 2"... A real Nolly dilemma! :)

Both Genevive and Funke seems to be the biggest actresses. Funke I've seen in several movie. I do prefer the Yoruba movies. But Genevive I've heard should be like one of the best actresses in the english category. Both are very beautiful thou! :)

In the Nollywood industry they apparently produce the "follow-up" movie at the same time as the 1st one! Interesting! :)

Aaah, I'll go for "Jenifa 2"... LOL

Wanna watch more Nollywood movies, check this link: http://14kmedia.com/
And if you don't know what I'm talking about, read: Wikipedia

5 comments:

Sonja said...

I'm watching Deadly Decision right now.

Miarty said...

I like gen. She's versatile and her face can carry so many emotions but Silent scandal was alrite.
One of my fav african movie is the african adaptation of the opera "Carmen". Maybe you heard or watched it already? Check this movie trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8e5fMnlERk&feature=related
The movie stirred quite a controversy when it was released.
Btw, where did you go in Africa? Tell us more.... Come on share your experience.

Lavender Blue said...

im nigerian and not into nigerian movies, but jenifa was recommended by a friend and i loved it. You should watch that.

Anonymous said...

I thought Jenifa was a whole lot better than its sequel...

Goodness Gracious said...

I think jenifa was a great yoruba movie and i hope to see more movies like this come out. I'm curious as to how you fell in love with naija movies. I live in New orleans and most people i know don't have a clue about nigerian movies.