Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Big city vs. Small town

An interesting and scary observation. I just got back from the town I grew up in. It's a small town here in Sweden, out in "nowhere" some people might say.

What is interesting is that I almost forgot how few black people that lives there. I remember growing up and going to highschool in this small town. I was aware of almost all black girls - not just in school - but in the whole town. I'd say that there were about 20-15 black girls in a town with a population of 45.000 people.
"To me they were like beautiful goddesses."
And trust me, I was checking them all out! :) Specially theses 5 or 6 West African girls, that recently had moved to Sweden and this little town. They were standing out of the crowd. For the big mass, probably because they were diffrent. But to me they were like beautiful goddesses. Keep in mind that I was like 15 years old back then! :D They were all so beautiful and mysterious. And everytime I passed them in school or during lunch break, I became "weak" and and my stomach was tingling.

Anyhow, what I realized being back in this town now again, was that the people out in this nowhere still are very narrow-minded and prejudiced in their mind and in some cases even racist.
"The N word is still very common among 50+ white people and it seems to be accepted."
Older white women, friends to my family, that are living in the "past" and are having a racist way of look at the black people. Take the example: the N word is still very common among 50+ white people and it seems to be accepted. Maybe I am sensitive? But when my own mother confronted a friend of hers that were using the N word, the answer she got back was: "Eeeh, thats not so bad and dangerous, plus that everyone knows what I mean.
Maybe I've become blinded by the big city light? And the urban city life's acceptence of variances. I must have totally forgotten how it was when I was growing up as a kid in a small town.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally heart this. When I first found out about girls, I just went along with the beauty ideals as the media shows them (white women with blond hair almost all of the time). Then I turned 14, and I suddenly realized I liked these girls because they had boobs and a nice @ss, not because they had blond hair or white skin. Heh. And then I got 16, and I realized that girls tend to have boobs and a nice @ss regardless of their skincolor! Finally I turned 18, and I understood black women tend to have the nicest @sses of all women in the whole world.

That's not even mentioning the gorgeous bronze skin and the vibrant curly dark hair. (Oh man.......)

So yeah, here's another white b'woy who really understands why you're doing this blog. Cheers!

Robin

Kyle said...

I can really relate to your article. I grew up in a small town(USA) and that was horrible!

I have always thought Black women were beautiful, intelligent, strong, and basically perfect. I am pretty lucky cause my family is not racist. In fact my cousins are Black and they are like my brothers.

I think that many White men act like they like White women. But deep down inside they really know that Black women are best!

I have been thinking about creating a blog for guys that like Black women. Other than your blog there really are no other blogs! Please keep up the great work!

-Kyle

Anonymous said...

Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Since moving to Europe I've noticed white men looking at me a lot, but I also could see the fear in their faces. And till today I dont understand why they were so afraid to talk to me. By reading your story about how you felt in highschool I can understand now that for them is something much deeper. Maybe fear for rejection, the "unknown". I know other girls who have also experienced the same. For us its just so confusing, because we think that if a man like you he will do everything in his popwer to talk to you. Its the way we grew up to see in the Caribbean. So guys break that cycle of fear!!!
I would say go for it, especially if the girl been giving you signs that she likes you too ;-)

Andreas, do you agree with me ?


Rosi

Unknown said...

Anon/Kyle,
Thanks for being willing to openly admit your attraction to BW. It's really encouraging to see this. It would be great to see more PRO-BW sites because there are still too many WM who are attracted to BW but are "afraid" to interact with us in a NORMAL manner.
Hopefully, this will begin to change as more WM will see that there's NOTHING WRONG with having an attraction for, dating, and even marrying BW.

Tulip said...

Andreas, people in small towns around worldwide tend to be close-minded about various things, unfortunately, but I'm glad that instead of trying to fit in, you chose to think for yourself and go with your love of black women's beauty. :)


@Kyle, please do create your blog. I've subscribed, and the people I forwarded Andreas's blog entry to are already looking forward to seeing your blog, too. ;) Thanks!

I heart you both for sharing your appreciation of black women's beauty. :) It's wonderful that both black women and white men are becoming more open about their attractions to one another...that way stories like the one Rosi shared (of black women and white men being wary of each other) will become more of a rarity.

Kyle said...

@velour Thanks for support already. Its great to already have some followers. I will get started right away!

@laromana A lot of White men are afraid to admit the like Black women. I however am proud that I like them!

Thanks for all the comments, expect a blog post in a day!

-Kyle

Anonymous said...

This is cool...I am convinced I am living in the wrong place LOL. Not many people around here are so open-minded!

@Robin ur timeline is interesting lol! It made me smile alittle haha

@Kyle if only the dudes in my city thought like you! But I have a question that no one has been able to answer for me...why exactly would a white guy be afraid to admit he's into a black girl???

chi-chi, uk said...

i really liked this article; as much as it's cool to show beautiful black women, i would really appreciate articles on your thoughts. either way, keep up the fab work x

foosrock! said...

Yes, Kyle, do start your blog. You're like 17yrs, no?. Totally cool, will send you much much traffic and eventually (that's up to you) crazy fans. I'm from a big West Indian (US immigrant) family....