Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Reminisce: Jewell


Now I remember... One of the first Black Women who got my fully attention was Jewell. Not sure if you remember her. She was a singer to most of the West Coast rappers back in early 90's.  I think I first heard and saw her on either Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" ('92), Snoop Doggy Dogg's "Doggystyle" ('93) or the "Above the Rim" soundtrack ('94). And I was like "Whooooa, she's sooo beautiful". :) There you got one of my early memories... LOL

Dont really know what happend to her - havent heard anything since like 2Pac's "All Eyez On Me" ('96) - but I know she preformed under the names of Jewell, Jewell Caples, Jewell Peyton and J-Lu.

Here's one "newer" video with her (never seen/heard it until today but...)

2 comments:

Sean said...

You know, Andreas, you remind me of myself, except maybe a little younger (I'm nearly 39). For me, back in the early 80's it was Chaka Khan, and Ola Ray (from MJ's Thriller video). Especially Ola Ray, since at that time I was on the edge of puberty, I couldn't see enough of her!

Angelina said...

The link is broken.